Tom L. Johnson Monument
This monument was sculpted Herman N. Matzen, sculpture teacher at the Cleveland School of Art, with whom Rebeck had studied. According to a few newspaper references, both Motto and Rebeck aided Matzen on this sculpture. The above picture shows Joseph Motto (left) and an unknown man with the monument. The monument was planned as early as 1913 but was not completed and dedicated until 1915.
“Cleveland Sculptor Now Working on Monument to the Late Tom L. Johnson,” Cleveland Leader, June 15, 1913.
“Cleveland Sculptors at Work,” Cleveland Topics, July 1, 1916.
“Johnson’s Chair,” Cleveland Bystander, December 16, 1933.